- Each package has 3 bulbs.
- Bull’s Eye Double Late Peony Tulip is a tulip. The flower color emerges at first with a fresh green ball of petals before the eye-popping bright red ruffled center starts to peep through. The red center becomes larger towards the end of the flowering period but will remain a tuft (bull’s eye). This tulip has extremely double, 4" blooms with blue-green, linear or broadly ovate foliage.
- Bull’s Eye Double Late Peony Tulip needs to grow for about 12 weeks when the soil temperature is below 50°F. If you don’t think you’ll get this in your climate, you may need to bring the bulbs indoors during the summer, when they’re completely dormant. Store them in brown paper bags and put them in your refrigerator’s crisper drawer for 12 to 14 weeks.
- Since the flowers can be damaged in extreme weather conditions (rain and wind), it is advisable to plant them in a sheltered location. Remove the flower stalks immediately after they flower to prevent the plants from producing seed pods, which drains the bulb’s energy and shortens its life.
- Leave the foliage in place until it turns yellow in mid-to late summer. This helps replenish the bulb’s energy.