Philodendron Golden Dragon is a stunning tropical plant that has eye-catching leaves shaped like dragon heads. The leaves are green with variegation and mottling that create a striking contrast. This plant is not only beautiful, but also easy to grow and care for. It can purify the air by removing harmful pollutants such as formaldehyde and benzene. If you are looking for a low-maintenance and attractive plant to add some flair to your home, Philodendron Golden Dragon is a great choice. Here are some tips on how to care for this amazing plant and make it thrive.
- Watering: Philodendron Golden Dragon likes moist but not soggy soil. You should water it when the top inch of the soil feels dry to the touch. Avoid overwatering or underwatering, as both can cause leaf yellowing and wilting. You can use a finger or a moisture meter to check the soil moisture level. Water thoroughly until the excess water drains out of the drainage holes, and empty the saucer after watering.click to get!
- Light: Philodendron Golden Dragon prefers bright and indirect light, but can tolerate low light levels. An east-facing window is a good spot to place this plant, as it will receive gentle morning sun and filtered afternoon light. Avoid direct sunlight, as it can scorch the leaves and fade the variegation. If your plant is in a low-light area, you can supplement it with artificial light, such as a fluorescent or LED lamp.
- Soil: Philodendron Golden Dragon needs well-draining and airy soil to grow well. You can use a regular potting mix with some perlite or orchid bark added to improve drainage and aeration. The ideal pH range for this plant is 5.0 to 6.0, which is slightly acidic. You can use a pH tester to check the soil acidity and adjust it with lime or sulfur if needed.click to get!
- Temperature: Philodendron Golden Dragon is a warm-loving plant that thrives in temperatures between 65°F and 78°F (18°C and 26°C). It can tolerate temperatures as low as 50°F (10°C), but not for long periods. Avoid exposing it to cold drafts, heaters, or air conditioners, as they can cause stress and damage to the plant. If you live in a cold climate, you may need to move your plant indoors during winter or provide some insulation.
- Humidity: Philodendron Golden Dragon enjoys high humidity, as it mimics its natural habitat in the tropical rainforest. You can increase the humidity around your plant by misting it regularly, placing it on a tray of pebbles and water, using a humidifier, or grouping it with other plants. Aim for a humidity level of at least 50%, which you can measure with a hygrometer. Avoid placing your plant near dry air sources, such as vents or radiators.click to get!
- Fertilizer: Philodendron Golden Dragon benefits from regular feeding during the growing season, which is spring and summer. You can use a balanced liquid fertilizer diluted to half strength every two weeks, or a slow-release granular fertilizer every two months. Follow the instructions on the label and do not overfertilize, as it can burn the roots and leaves. Stop fertilizing in fall and winter, when the plant goes dormant.
Philodendron Golden Dragon is a wonderful plant that will add beauty and charm to your home. With proper care, it will grow fast and healthy, producing more stunning leaves along the way. You can also propagate this plant easily by using stem cuttings or air layering methods. Philodendron Golden Dragon is a plant that will reward you with its elegance and grace for years to come.